Knowing the relationship between digital marketing and online social networks is vital for the success of any marketing campaign. Today, social networks are a key communication channel on the Internet that has achieved unsuspected levels of participation. In them you search for information, monitor and evaluate your favorite brands, and share your opinions and feelings. Therefore, it is not possible to talk about a complete digital marketing campaign if social networks are not taken into account.
Digital Marketing: An Option Within Your Reach
By digital marketing we mean a form of marketing that uses electronic channels, especially the Internet, to promote products, services, brands and the company itself. Digital marketing methods include content marketing, content automation, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, and so on. Excluded from this list are all those methods that do not involve the internet: radio, television, text messaging and MMS.
Digital marketing consists of three main elements, namely:
- Online Marketing: which includes communication options such as websites, search ads, graphical or banner ads, email ads, etc.
- Social Media Marketing: which uses product or service advertisements through forums, blogs and social networks like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Mobile Marketing: which through the use of mobile technology uses text messages, mobile applications and ads to generate traffic.
What do we mean by Social Networks?
Social networks are a place on the Internet to meet people, share experiences, content. Mutual interaction is expected here. There are many types of social networks. Originally, social networks were designed to meet people, discuss and chat. But over time they have become a means to use other services and are now an important tool to meet and maintain mutual connections, both personal and commercial.
Why Social Media Marketing (SMM)?
Social media helps marketers to present themselves online and create a public voice. The process of promoting a product or service and building a strong relationship with customers through different social media channels is called social media marketing. The concept of social media here is nothing more than a platform that allows users to share their messages, stories, images, sound, etc. Directly with people who are connected to them and identify with a brand.
There are two ways to market through social networks; the first is free, it starts with creating networks and increasing followers, sharing valuable content, encouraging consumer participation, etc. The second is paid advertising, e.g. you may have seen sponsored ads on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. In addition, social networks have data analytics tools that allow you to easily monitor the success, growth and engagement of your users.
How do Digital Marketing and Online Social Networks relate to each other?
- Communication is very effective. Social networks make it possible to reach a specific target group and thus achieve the desired results easily and quickly.
- The investment in advertising on social networks is relatively low due to their performance.
- They contribute to building loyal relationships with customers. Loyal and satisfied customers will buy from you instead of your competitors and will be willing to pay more.
- It allows you to reach new customers quickly and easily.
- Customer-business communication takes place in a natural environment. The customer goes to social networks to relax and receives marketing messages much better.
- They help to boost the sale of your products and/or services. Social networks have become a new platform where customers purposefully seek inspiration.
- They help increase credibility. Content on social networks is mainly created by people and is therefore also more credible. A company that is not active on social media and has no referrals automatically acts with less credibility.
- It will expand awareness of your company, products and services. Quality content is king and will spread. In social networks, this rule applies twice.
- If the business is not active on social networks, it will leave a strong competitive advantage to other companies.
Social Networks are Faster and Cheaper
The relationship between digital marketing and social networks is given because social media marketing is an important part of digital marketing. Its correct implementation allows reaching an easier, faster and cheaper way to a greater number of potential and active customers. Achieving a higher level of communication and interaction company – customer. This will allow a greater and more direct approach, as well as, to know their opinions as naturally as in a conversation.